Kofta curry is a dish made up of fried dumplings of cottage cheese & potato cooked in Sweet,Spicy & Tangy Tomato-Onion gravy. It can be served either with steamed rice or any Indian bread.
- Paneer (Cottage Cheese) ——————– 50 gm
- Potato ——————————————— 4 (Boiled)
- Red chili powder ——————————-5gms
- Ginger chilli paste——————————5gms
- Cashew Nuts ———————————– 12 to 14 no
- Raisins———————————————-12 to 14 no
- Corn Flour—————————————-10gms
- Salt ————————————————as required
- Oil ————————————————–to fry as required
- Tomato ——————————————- 4 nos
- Green Chilli————————————– 5gms
- Onion———————————————-1 no
- Ginger——————————————– 5gms
- Oil————————————————– 15 ml
- Cumin seed ————————————- 2 gms
- Turmeric powder ——————————-2 gms
- Coriander powder —————————– 2gms
- Kashmir chili powder ————————– 2 gms
- Cream ——————————————— 10gms
- Garam Masala ———————————– 1 gms
- Fresh Coriander ——————————— 1 table spoon (cut finely)
1. Boil Potatoes with skin on till well done.
2. Peel Potato.
3. Mix Grated paneer, mashed potato, ginger chilli paste, red chilli powder and salt together in a bowl. Mix Well to make a soft mixture.
4. Make round shaped balls from the mixture, flatten them. Stuff with 1 dry raisin & cashew nut pieces in each ball.
5. Take oil in the pan and heat it.
6. Fry them in batches.(There should be some distance between the Koftas. Otherwise they will stick together and loose their shape). Fry them till they turn golden brown.
7. After frying remove the koftas in a bowl with tissue paper. Tissue paper will ensure that it absorbs excess oil.
8. For the preparation of curry: Grind tomato, green chilli & ginger to a smooth paste in grinder.
9. Heat oil in pan & add Jeera, let it crackle.
10. when the whole jeera starts crackling,add chopped onion. Saute till translucent.
11. Add turmeric powder, coriander powder and chili powder in the pan with little water. Let it cook for 2 mins.
12. Then continue stirring, add mixture of tomato,chilli & ginger in the pan and saute
13. After 3 to 4 minutes, add cream in the pan & cook properly until the gravy leaves oil. Layer of oil on top ensures that your masala’s have cooked.
14. Now pour a glass of water in the pan. Continue stirring with the spoon untill gravy starts boiling(This will prevent the chances of gravy getting burnt).
15. Add garam masala and seasoning in the gravy.
16. Add the koftas in gravy and stir them with stirring spoon. Stir with light hands ensuring that the koftas dont break.
17.Cover the dish with lid & let it simmer for 5 minutes.
18. Take out the kofta in a bowl and garnish it with green coriander leaves and cream.
19. You can serve and eat kofta curry along with chapatti, naan or bread.