Pizza is normally a oven baked flat bread topped with tomato sauce & cheese. Its a dish which every kid or rather every indvidual carves for. This dish has 4 main elements which make it delicious.
1. Crust:- Base of the pizza is known as crust. It is made up of flour, sugar, yeast, salt & water. It varies according to the requirement and preferences. Some like it thin, some like it thick and some like it stuffed with cheese.
2. Sauce:- Clasically the sauce is made up of tomatoes and herbs. You should always keep the sauce simple, so that the flavor & taste of the toppings are not overpowered by the sauce.
3. Cheese :- Mozzarella is generally used all over the world. But some even add parmesan, pecorino & smoked cheese in addition to mozzarella.
4. Toppings:- Everythng and anything consumed in this world can be used as topping according to your preference. It can be any vegetable or any fruit like pineapple or any meat or combination off all 3.
Here’s my recipe for a yummy and delicious Indianised version of pizza for peoplw who dont have oven at home.
4. Pizza topping
5. Pizza bread
6. Mozzarella cheese
7. Cumine seeds
8. Mustard seeds
9. Red chilli pwd
11. Olive oil
1. For topping – Cut onion, tomato and capsicum into dices.
2. Heat pan add Olive oil, cumine seeds & mustard seeds, let it crackle.
3. As soon as it crackles add onion dices and saute till transparent. Then add tomato dices and red chill powder, mix well & cover it with lid. Let it cook for 5-10 min , stir occasionally.
4. When soft and cooked , add in the capsicum , basil & little sugar( always add capsicum at the end so that it remains crunchy). Check seasoning and remove off flame. Now your topping is ready so you can start assembling with your pizza.
5. Heat a deep cast iron pan, add olive oil and sear pizza base till golden brown on one side as shown in the figure.
NOTE:- PIZZA BASE CAN BE FRESH OR YOU CAN JUST BUY READY MADE FROM ANY BAKERY.
6. Then flip, so that seared side is on the top and apply pizza paste over it. Apply pizza paste a little inside the rim of the base.
7. Now top up it with the Onion, tomato & capsicum topping made above. spread over the entire base evenly. so that every bite has the same taste and same quantity.
8. Now grate some mozzarella cheese over each pizza and cover it with lid.
9. Remove lid after 2 mins and u will see the cheese has nicely melted and the base of the pizza is crisp.
10. Serve hot with Ketchup, chilli flakes & oregano