After a long break I went out along with my father to do grocery shopping on a day off. On my way home I saw a street side cart serving boiled peanuts which reminded me of my childhood days when I use to get pocket money of 2₹ and this proved to be my best bet. A wholesome of boiled peanuts and I wouldn’t need anything. It has a nice earthy flavour which can be elevated with addition of Indian spices. Boiled peanuts are a popular snack in the southern United States, as well as in India, China, and West Africa. In the US South, boiled peanuts are often prepared in briney water, and sold in street side stands. A simple recipe by me which takes not more than 10 mins but the results are surely very much worth it. Best part is that it’s healthy and has lot of nutrients packed inside it, a complete energy boaster and can be ate anytime of the day on any occasion.
- Whole Peanuts with skin shell————500gms
- Vegetable Stock—————————–500ml
- Sea Salt————————————–as per taste
- Turmeric————————————1/4 tsp
- Fresh Red chillies————————–2 nos
- Lemon—————————————1 nos
1. Wash peanut nicely atleast 3 times to ensure that all the mud is removed before cooking.
2. Muddle peanuts lightly so that the brine can go inside while cooking to give it a better flavour and taste.
3. Make a brine of vegetable stock, sea salt, slit fresh red chilli and turmeric in pressure cooker. Place the muddled peanuts in the brine and close it with the lid(ensure the brine added just covers the peanut).
4. Place it on high flame and let it cook. 3 whitsles and it’s enough to cook the peanut, remove off flame and let it cool down. (let it res so that it absorbs all the flavor and stays moist)
5. Open, strain water and it’s ready to eat.( you can serve it along with lemon wedge and chaat masala).
I hope this recipe would surely win lot of hearts. Do not forgot to share feedback, comment bellow, share recipe with others and follow me on social media platforms to cherish more such recipes till then enjoy.