“For my taste buds food without spices doesn’t even exist”.
Indian spices are not only valued all over India but all around the world. Every spice has its own peculiar taste and flavour profile which are paired along with vegetables to create miracle. Imagine if couple of them are used at same time in proper proportion then the result would be even better. So the Chef in me on a day off decided to share one of the most simple and delicious food recipes passed down by my ancestors onto me.
- Cumin Seeds———-5gms
- Mustard Seeds——–5gms
- Chilli powder———-5gms
- Coriander powder—-5gms
- Turmeric Powder—–2gms
- Salt——————–as per taste
- Vegetable Stock——100ml
- 12. Oil——————15ml
1. Wash Tendli and cut them evenly into small wedges.
2. Heat oil in cooker, add in cumin and mustard seeds. Let it crackle.
3. As soon as you hear the crackling sound add in hing and let it temper nicely.
4. Later add in sliced onions and saute on slow flame till translucent. (Add little salt while sauteing onions which will allow onions to ooze moisture thus ensuring that it doesn’t burn)
5. Add tendli wedges followed by powdered spices and little salt. Saute for 2 minutes ensuring the spices are mixed evenly throughout.
6. Add little sugar, vegetable stock,close lid and put it on high flame. Ensure you close it properly otherwise there are chances of pressure cooker bursting.
7. Let it whistle 4 times and switch off the flame. Do not open it immediately, keep it on side for sometime so that all the flavours mingle well and the vegetable get re-hydrated.
8. Serve hot along with freshly made Phulkas, Spiced Mango Pickle and roasted Papad.
I hope this recipe would surely win lot of hearts. Do not forgot to share feedback, comment below, share recipe with others and follow me on social media platforms to cherish more such recipes till then enjoy.