In classical French cuisine, a vinaigrette is used as a salad dressing, and, as a cold sauce, accompanies cold artichokes, asparagus, and leek.
1. Vinegar / White Wine Vinegar
7.Crushed Black Pepper
8. Olive Oil
- Place all the ingredients in a blender and mix for about 10 seconds or until fully combined.
- Transfer to a glass bowl and let stand for 30 minutes to let the flavours meld. Give the dressing a good whisk immediately before serving.
1. If you remember nothing else about vinaigrettes, remember this: the magic ratio of oil to vinegar is 3 to 1.
2. Other Variations – Mustard vinaigrette, Herb vinaigrette, Italian vinaigrette, Honey Dijon vinaigrette and Balsamic vinaigrette.