Guacamole is an avocado-based sauce that originated in Mexico. Now a days it is used as dip, condiment and salad ingredient. It is traditionally made by mashing ripe avocado with a mortar with sea salt. Some recipes call for tomato, onion, garlic, lemon juice, chili.
2. Lemon Juice
6. Olive Oil
1. Cut avocados in half. Remove seed. Scoop out avocado from the peel, put in a mixing bowl.
2. Using a fork, roughly mash the avocado.
3. Chop onion, tomato and chilli ( deseed tomato and chilli).
4. Add chopped mixture, salt & lemon juice to mashed avocado. Mix well.
5. Check Seasoning. Add if required.
6. At the end finish it with olive oil. It gives glaze and flavour to the dip.
7. Cover with plastic wrap directly on the surface of the guacamole to prevent oxidation.
8. Refrigerate and serve whenever required.